Sigma Mixer with Extruder Screw
|Power Load(HP)||10-20 HP|
|Blades Used||Sigma-Z blade, Spiral blade, and Naben blade|
The Sigma Mixer with extruder is used for mixing, kneading and extruding of highly viscous mass, sticky and dough like products, Mixing of pastes, rubber, and heavy plastic masses, applications in Food, Rubber, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and agro industries, Dry powder to wet phase mixing.
This mixer is most suitable for highly viscous material and dough like masses.
The extruder mixer is designed to handle difficult to discharge products such as hot melts and butyl sealants, as well as other medium to high viscosity pastes. This type of mixer combines the action of the Double Arm Sigma Blade Mixer with an extrusion screw placed in the lower part of the mix trough.
During mixing, the extrusion screw is run in reverse which imparts a third mixing action on the product, increasing mixing efficiency.
The extrusion screw is located in the saddle section and runs in a cylindrical trough tangential to and below the 2 mixing blades.
- When the product has finished the mixing cycle, discharge/extrusion is performed simply by running the extrusion screw in a forward direction.
- The double arm sigma blades normally continue to run throughout the extrusion process providing a thoroughly mixed product at all stages of the production cycle.
- By changing the extrusion die heads, the product can be discharged in round, square, "spaghetti", or any form desired.
- Speed variation of the extrusion screw allows adjustment of the product flow, depending on the viscosity.
Optional Features :
- PLC Controls with HMI touch screen
- Binder spraying system
- Product Bowl with Jacketing for heating and cooling.
- Flame Proof Electrical.
Safety Features :
- Enclosed mixing and discharge provides protection from product contamination and greater operator safety.
- Total drive transmission system enclosed
Sigma Mixer ExtruderProduct Details:
|Categories||Mixing Equipment, Chemical Equipment, Baking Equipment|
|Capacity||Upto 250 kgs|
|Power Load(HP)||1-3 HP, 20HP+, 10-20 HP, 3-5 HP, 5-10 HP|
|Material||Mild Steel,Stainless Steel|
This machine comprises of a double 'U' shaped container welded and machined together inside which rotates two 'Z' shaped sigma blades in opposite directions.
The clearances between the walls and the container are kept to a minimum to ensure maximum efficiency in kneading and mixing. The shafts of the sigma blades are fitted in bearing blocks which are each provided with roller bearings, steel glands/teflon rubber seals for smooth and leakless operations.
The kneader is mounted on a sturdy base frame fabricated out of ISMC sections and are free from vibrations. For cooling and heating jackets are provided.
Hydraulic tilting system is provided with complete power pack, electric motor, pressure valves, pipes, fittings, cylinders and hoses which makes the tilting mechanism quick, easy and simple to operate.
Rotating speed rpm